As a Development Lead you will be responsible for building and leading your delivery team, typically consisting of around two to four developers. You will lead the team in designing, developing and maintaining software codes according to requirements and specifications, established or defined quality and performance standards, and within delivery timelines. This is achieved by providing technical leadership and guidance, coaching and mentoring, and leading and motivating. You are also expected to spend 50% of your time to hand-on as an individual contributor.
1. To lead a team of Software Development Engineers to design, develop and maintain software codes:-
- According to requirements and specifications.
- Within established or defined quality and performance standards/benchmarks.
- Within agreed upon delivery timelines.
- Develop unit-testable codes with corresponding unit tests.
2. Line management of team members, including:-
- Work allocation and progress monitoring, and to take corrective measures if necessary.
- Problem resolution and escalation.
- Lead and motivate staff to achieve peak productivity.
- Evaluate performance and make recommendations.
- Identify team members’ training and development needs.
3. Reduce technical debt by analyzing code and enhancing the same by code refactoring.
4. Perform program architecture and code review and communicate the same to team members, and ensure the same is incorporated.
5. Lead in consultation with team members in estimating effort for work assigned to the team.
6. Work closely with the other Development Leads and Management to help set and implement overall development team strategy, and lead in initiatives that improve processes and/or procedures that contribute to performance effectiveness and efficiencies.
7. Provide technical leadership and guidance for the projects your team works on, and liaising with the stack holders others to ensure successful delivery of the same.
8. Communicate work progress and all (work-related) pertinent information in an accurate and timely manner to the Management.
Experience, Skills, and Education
Salary: RM10,000.00 to RM13,000.00 /month